After attending the Setificio Institute and working with renowned Silk Mills of Como, in 1918 Alberto Giulio Lambrugo, takes over a hand-weaving “workshop” at Gironico (Como), and later opens a silk mill called A.G.Lambrugo. The mill produces silk fabrics for ties and articles for men’s tailoring, silk linings and revers for dinner-jackets.
The next step is the opening of a mechanical weaving factory, still at Gironico. In 1932, manufacturing is extended to plain and printed silk, also thanks to the collaboration with the Como designer Carla Badiali. At the same time, the company starts manufacturing silk fabrics for menswear, such as Ninglam, dupion, tussor.
In 1959, together with his son Gianni, Alberto Giulio moves production to a new weaving factory at Montano (Como), where, after his death in 1962, the activity is taken over by his son.
In 1978 the historical production of linings in cupro bemberg is complemented by the manufacture of silk, acetate/viscose, cotton and microfibres fabrics ,plain and jacquard for high fashion and prêt-a-porter womenswear, which gradually becomes predominant.
In 1990, the third generation launches A.G.Lambrugo & Figli srl which is currently managed by Stefano.
Today, we are still weaving, with passion and competence ………
- Silk fabrics , acetate/viscose , microfibre and cotton
- Pret- a- porter , top of the range , cocktail and bridal/ceremonial
- Silk aspect , cady , sable’ , duchessse , matelasse’ , cloque and taffetta
- Plain and jacquard fabrics
- Microfibre fabrics , silk and cotton
- For watercoats , trench and sportswear for man and woman , with
- Special finishing and waterproof finished
- Plain fabrics , madras/checks and jacquard
- Plain , jacquard and printed fabrics
- Satin , twill , taffetta,
- Jacquard linings with brand/logo
- Only in cupro 100% , silk and microfibre
Scarves and foulards collection
- Scarves in natural fibres , kashmere , silk , woll , cotton and modal
- Jacquard and printed
By filling out the following contact form, you can submit your request and one of our representatives will answer you.
A.G. Lambrugo & Figli S.r.l.
Tessitura serica dal 1918 via Giacomo Matteotti 5 22070 Montano Lucino – Como – Italy Tel. +39 031471222 Fax. +39 031471354 E-mail commercial department: firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail sales department: email@example.com